Last wednesday, a bunch of food bloggers and I were invited by Dille & Kamille to a Cooking Workshop given by the talented Marie (Marie Gourmandise, winner 2015 of the Weekend Blog Awards). We prepared Christmassy little dishes with Marie’s guidance and then sat all together around a beautiful table to enjoy our team work.
The girls from Brussels’ Kitchen prepared a delicious mushroom risotto. Elodie (Love et tralala) and Greg (Cook n’ roll) made super tasty meatballs with tons of fresh herbs. My partner in crime and I made “Tutti veggie”: stuffed grilled aubergines with rocket leaves, fetta, onions, yellow peppers and prosciutto.
After dinner we snooped around and took a look at all the super nice tableware, the accessories, the books, linens, perfumes… I have to say I found a lot of inspiration for my Christmas shopping. I’ll defs go back to get some veggies cooking books. What about you? Do you already know what you’re preparing/having for Christmas? Do you have any cool ideas for original gifts?
I’ll leave you the recipe (by Marie) of the Tutti Veggie for 10 peeps, super easy and delicious.
- 10 aubergine slices (a bit thiner than 1cm)
- 1 yellow Pepper in thin slices
- 1 red oignon, thinly sliced
- Parma style ham
- Feta cheese to chop on top
- a handful of rocket leaves
- Sel, Pepper, Olive oil
- Brush your aubergines on both sides with olive oil and grill them until soft.
- Glaze the sliced oignons and peppers with a bit of olive oil.
- When the aubergines are grilled, lay one by plate and on top, put some oignons and peppers (as nicely as you can), feta cheese grossly chopped, bits of ham and rocket leaves. Bam. You’re done.
Dille & Kamille, Rue Jean Stas 16, Brussels, Open Monday to Saturday from 9:30 to 18:30